The clieent is a manufacturer of industrial and transportation detergents. The products are developed and marketed to distributors. With diversification into several markets from truck and car washing, aluminum brighteners, degreasers, etc., the product line is always growing and developing. The staff is small and casual, with an emphasis on individual tasking as well as teamwork. Customer service is what the client is known for, always going the extra mile to provide the customers with what they need as soon as they need it.
Equal Opportunity/ Drug Free Employer.
Position: Blend Technician
Daily Accountabilities to include but not limited to:
- Compounding/Blending- Using batch sheets (recipe format) to create large and small batches of cleaning chemical products. Must be able to complete mathematical equations, effectively and accurately understand quality control procedures, and maintain high standard of attention to detail regarding raw material utilization.
- Quality Control Testing and Documentation: Accurately follow batch creation process, verify raw materials in batch, weight materials in, and manage finished product out through thorough batching process. Proper use of refractometer & pH meter for quality control.
- Order picking & packaging: Initiate and support in the picking and packaging of customer orders as required. Initiative should be taken to support, help and quickly procure these products for prompt and timely shipment. Communication and coordination with supervisor are an essential aspect, properly package products in preparation for shipping; attach product labels,
- Forklift operation: Safely and accurately operate and maneuver high lift for the purpose of product & raw material allocation and organization.
- Inventory support monitoring: Report low stock levels of raw materials & finished products based on established minimum and maximum amounts, as well as experience on use.
- Customer Service: Facilitate customer pick up orders, monitor and enforce safety regulations & procedures.
- General warehouse function: Light supervision of warehouse employees in both production and safety aspects. Maintenance and repair of equipment in a safe and timely manner. Maintain organization of all warehouse items including raw materials, finished product, equipment, and tools. Maintain warehouse in a clean and safe condition by keeping floors and equipment clean.
Long Range Accountabilities/Projects:
- Initiate improvements to warehouse organization in compliance with OHSA and DOT standards and regulations.
- Participate in staff meetings and discussions regarding operations, growth, and development.
This position reports to the Plant Manager and is supervised by the CEO/Owner of the company.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
- Interest in chemistry, technical compounding, and manufacturing.
- High School level math skills required.
- Pleasant, Patient Personality, ability to communicate effectively.
- Willingness to Learn and take direction.
- MUST be able to accomplish tasks unsupervised, ask questions, and use safety procedures.
- Organizational & Attention to details skills.
- Experience in chemical blending, chemical warehousing, product packaging, or shipping procedures is a plus.
- Experience in Industrial Chemicals/ Hazardous materials/ HazMat/ DOT/ OSHA a plus.