seeking network installation technicians for a new effort supporting the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA). The work involves ISP/OSP installation with a focus on Low Voltage ISP Twisted Pair Copper Cabling, FOC and associated infrastructure. The selected candidate will install IT/Telecommunications equipment and devices at various agency sites. Travel is anticipated to be 50% for this position.
The selected Network Installation Technician will:
- Design, survey, install, remove, terminate, test, troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain IT and Telecommunications Infrastructure including but not limited to: Twisted Pair Copper Cabling; FOC; AV; COAX; Multipurpose Low Voltage cabling and infrastructure; cabinets, racks and shelves; Telephony Blocks; Patch Panels; grounding bus bars and circuits; conduit, cable tray and raceway.
- Perform Site Surveys and gather required data in approved format as assigned by task.
- Install IT/Telecommunications Equipment and devices as assigned by task.
- Perform patching and cross-connect actions as assigned by task.
- Receive and obtain materials from onsite storage locations, transport and deliver materials to work locations, and return unused materials to storage locations as instructed by task.
- Maintain and organize Telecommunications Rooms and Facilities and keeps work locations and materials clean and free of obstacles and debris.
- Coordinate and perform Remedy ticket resolution as assigned by task.
- Evaluate, interpret, and deliver as required by task: pre-implementation drawings; redline drawings; as-built drawings; network diagrams; block diagrams; connectivity diagrams.
- Work Locations include but are not limited to: Cable Vault, Ladders, Scissor Lifts, Building Entrance Facility, Telecommunication Facility, Telecommunication Rooms/Closets, Central Office, administrative office locations, warehouses, outdoor storage areas.
- Work conditions include but are not limited to: seasonal conditions typical for work areas located outdoors and indoors with non-climate controlled facilities, dampness, adverse lighting conditions.
- Perform inspections for IT and Telecommunication Systems including, but not limited to: Cable Plant; Infrastructure; Communications Distribution Systems.
- Deliver Inspection Reports as required including, but not limited to: Discrepancy Reports and remediation criteria; Status Reports; Test Results; Punch Lists; Redline Drawings.
- Deliver Status Reports as required.
The selected candidate will have knowledge and experience with:
- Analysis, design, and installation of local and wide area networks.
- Analysis and installation of communications systems.
- Assessment and documentation of current site network configurations.
- Engineering documentation, network configurations and topologies.
- X.25, TCP/IP, frame relay, bridges, and routers.
- On site surveys and associated documentation.
- Adherence to site installation technical design packages.
- Development of installation schedules.
- Preparation of drawings documenting configuration changes at each site.
- Preparation of site installation and test reports.
- Post-installation operations and maintenance support.
Required Experience : 5 years of relevant experience required
Required Clearance: Must be able to obtain a favorable NACI (IT-III) / Public Trust , SECRET Clearance preferred, but not required
- BICSI "TECH " Certification Required
- Low voltage installer
- Confined Space Training
- Lift Training