Job Title: Audio Visual Technician I
Reports To: Lead Audio Visual Technician and Project Manager
Promotes To: Audio Visual Technician II
FieldLink is a professional technology services company. We specialize in customized staffing partnerships with prominent Telecom / Low Voltage integrators responsible for large commercial projects and government contracts nation-wide. Our core values are, Honesty, Integrity, Respect, and Pride. We are hiring for Audio Visual Technician I (Open to Entry Level) to work in Irvine, CA serving the OC/LA area. This role is a contract to hire, joining a growing team offering continued industry training and a career path.
- Installation of Projectors, TV's, Speakers, Amplifiers, and Sound Masking.
- Installation of Mounts and hardware on various wall types and ceiling types for Projectors, Displays, Speakers and Wireless Microphones.
- Installation and termination of AV low voltage cabling (18/2, Coax, CAT 5/E, CAT 6).
- Termination of RG6, HD-SDI, SDI, XLR and RCA.
- Dress and route cable from IT closets to device locations (AV Equipment Rack, TV, Projector, Speakers).
- Cable pathway installation (J-hooks, D-rings).
- Cable management (dressing and labeling).
- Read and follow blueprints set for installation.
- Follow written and oral communication displaying professionalism with colleagues and management.
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols (Proper PPE, clean up jobsite, OSHA).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- 0-2 years of commercial Audio-Visual installation.
- Active OSHA 10 – preferred.
- Physical Requirement: Must be able to work on a ladder and/or scissor lift, in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds, and move up to 75 pounds. Ability to work on your feet for entire shift.
- Tools: Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (multi-Bit), tape measure, snips, pliers (needle nose and channel locks), RG6 cable stripper, Coax cable crimper, punch down tool, flashlight, work boots (steel toe or composite toe) gloves and tool pouch.