This position is responsible forfabricating architectural metals by means of using pneumatic tools to be used in final products, such as storefront doors/frames. The typical schedule for this position is 6:30am-3:30pm, Monday through Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help promote and enforce a safe work environment.
- Reading job specification to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Measuring work piece dimensions to determine accuracy.
- Maintain clean work area.
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Must do minor workstation fabrication.
- Perform tasks with minimum supervision.
- Able to read/interpret hardware templates.
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
- Follow all safety policies & procedures as a prerequisite to employment.
- Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Able to write and do basic math.
- Basic computer skills or willing to learn.
- Must be able to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to work well with others.
- Must follow instructions.
- Able to work in difficult weather conditions.
- Punctual and excellent attendance.
- Be available for overtime and emergency work.
- Able to stand on feet wearing safety bootsfrom 8-10 hours a day.
- Ability to lift, carry, twist, walk, and reach constantly, andbend frequently.
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75lbs.
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)