Under the Direction of the Director/Manager, performs administrative, secretarial, and clerical functions for one of more managerial/Research staff. Must be able to meet deadlines, work on several projects at once, and understand all of the concepts involved in the work performed. Supports the operations of the Department and associated call center services. Provide excellent customer service to patients, families, providers and staff in the course of daily functions.
- Performs secretarial and clerical duties in support of Staff.
- Open and date stamp all mail daily.
- Route incoming mail within one hour after opening to appropriate staff member.
- Transcribes and types written and dictated reports and professional correspondence for and Administration as required with less than a 5% error 90% of the time.
- Develops written correspondence according to instructional guidelines or departmental and hospital polices within requested timeliness 90% of time.
- istributes written correspondence and other materials immediately upon completion to the appropriate staff.
- Maintains filing and retrieval systems for documents, resources and correspondence.
- Files all office correspondence and documents within 3 days 90% of the time.
- Screen inquiries about the department by phone, mail or in person; use judgment to respond to inquiries or to refer as appropriate.
- Record accurately all telephone messages, detailing the callers name, company, phone number, and reason for call.
- Place phone messages immediately in the appropriate designated phone slot or place message on the employees desk.
- High School/GED
- Experience working in customer service in a technical, hospital or other healthcare field.
- Previous computer experience and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with patients, families, and staff with respect to age, disability, and cultural preferences.
- Able to accurately and efficiently express or exchange ideas/information by means of written and spoken word.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both external and internal customers, demonstrates a high degree of personal organization, meets applicable deadlines, and balances work across multiple work projects. Requires excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to operate efficiently in a high paced environment, the ability to support collaborative efforts, and the ability to quickly grasp and learn new concepts and procedures.
- Excellent computer skills including word processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Excel). PowerPoint and Access experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines; ability to prioritize tasks according to program needs.